When it comes to your personal data you are in control - and we are just as transparent. We want to make sure that you understand why we ask you for some personal data, what we do with that information, and the rights and choices you have over how we use your data.
This Privacy Notice explains how we process your data. If you have any further questions about Babyscanstudio and your personal data, please contact our Data Controller Sabiha Mitic firstname.lastname@example.org
By booking your ultrasound scan with Babyscanstudio you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
1. The Data Controller
- Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd. is operated and managed by Sabiha Mitic.
- The registered address for Babyscanstudio Ashford LTD. is Unit 1, The Glenmore Centre, Ashford, Kent England TN24 0TL , tel: 01233-502314, email: email@example.com
- Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd. will share Personal Data with your medical provider and the Care Quality Commission if necessary to do so
- Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd. is registered in England and Wales at The Companies House, Crown Way, Cardiff, CF14 3UZ under the number 07598426 and with data protection registration number Z2891377
If you have any questions about us or the way we process your data please contact our Data Protection Officer Sabiha Mitic at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Our legal basis for collecting and processing your data
When you book our services, instructing us to carry out your ultrasound scan, you are agreeing to be bound by this Privacy Notice which is part of the T&C and together form the basis of our contractual relationship with you. Therefore, we may collect, hold and process your personal data on the basis that you have accepted our contractual terms by agreeing to this Privacy Notice and the T&Cs.
We collect, hold and process your personal data on the basis that you give us consent when you book your ultrasound scan with us and accept this Privacy Notice. In other words, we set out what we are going to do with your data in this Privacy Notice.
We will send a copy of this privacy notice to you by email if required and optional when we send you our consent form and directions.
We ask you to read this Privacy Notice to ensure you are happy with the way that Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd will process your data.
We ask you to sign to confirm that you agree with our Privacy Notice when you sign your consent form on the day of your scan.
You remain in control of the personal data you share with Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd. You can tell us your preferences at any time, by choosing whether you want to give consent to your data being processed for specific types of communication and / or communication channels. You can cancel your scan at any time and your details and information will be deleted.
See section 7. 'Your Rights and Choices'.
We may collect, hold and process your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest where it is necessary in order for us to fulfil our needs as a business and to be able to provide you with our services, in the following ways:
- to send you information about Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd.
- to refer you to your medical provider, in cases where an anomaly is found
- to keep records as required by law,
- we may also send you marketing emails, from ourselves, of offers/discounts we are offering that you may be interested in.
- to send you information
NOTE: if you do not want to continue to receive these types of emails - notifications - you can opt-out at any time by sending an email to the following email address email@example.com.
We may use your personal information to contact you if we reasonably believe that there is any urgent safety need that we need to communicate to you because the processing of your personal data will prevent or reduce any potential harm to you. This type of notification is in your vital interest.
We may use and process your personal data to comply with our legal obligations such as HMRC requirements, if the Police requests it to identify you as an individual if you contact us, or to verify the accuracy of your data.
3. The data we collect
In order to operate Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd. we ask you to share some basic personal information with us when you book your scan:
- Your name and contact details
- Your title, first name and last name - so that we can address you correctly
- Your email address - so that we can send you Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd. communications
- Your mobile number - so that we can contact you
- Your address - if you prefer us to post your paperwork or send you a voucher
- Your date of birth - only needed if we have to refer you to your medical provider
- Your views and opinions
From time to time we may carry out market research or surveys. Any answers to market research surveys that you give will be anonymised and amalgamated together with other Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd's clients. Participation in research is entirely voluntary.
4. Automatic collection of data
Most website owners track visitors to their website using 'cookies'. They also track other information on web visitors such as the IP address of computers in order to understand where web traffic come from, and where it goes on their site, device ID, and location information. Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd. also uses these technologies on its website.
5. How we use your information
We may use the data we hold in the following ways:
To operate Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd., such as providing you with our services so you can benefit from it.
- Provide you with information about Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd. products which you may be interested in:
- To contact you where necessary concerning your booking, e.g. in response to a query.
- To contact you occasionally for your views on how Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd. operates and ways to improve the service.
- To notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd. or updates to our Privacy Notice.
In these cases, you have the right to opt in or opt out of certain uses of your personal information and the type of information that you will be receiving from us, as set out in this Privacy Notice.
You can choose to receive news, offers, promotions and competitions that enhance the experience of being a Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd. customer:
- To be informed about other products, services and offers which may be of interest to you.
- To enter you into promotional prize draws, competitions or other promotional activities or prize giveaways we think may be of interest to you.
We also collect this information to understand you and your shopping habits, so that we can send you relevant and timely offers and communications:
- We use Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd. data to help understand your shopping habits and respond with appropriate offers and communications. For example, if we see that you haven't purchased for a while we might send you a special offer to come back into store.
If you would prefer not to receive or participate in such promotions, you can opt out of these types of marketing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To improve and develop our business through the better understanding of Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd. clients:
- We may use and analyse the information we collect so that we can manage Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd. and administer, support, improve and develop our business.
Anonymous information that we collect
We may also use and share aggregate information relating to groups of customers, without identifying individuals, to learn more about customer behaviour and find ways of enhancing our service. For example, we might look at the aggregated behaviour of Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd. clients to understand how bookings vary.
6. Disclosing your data to other companies or organisations
We share your details with your medical provider and the CQC only when its necessary, in order to do our job, and in your best interests.
We would disclose your personal data in the unusual circumstances of being legally obliged to do so e.g. as part of a police investigation.
We will not share your information with other third parties for different purposes without your prior consent.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
In the unlikely event that our business was sold we would disclose your information to the buyer.
If this business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business
In addition to the specific disclosures of Personal Data set out in this Privacy Notice, we may disclose your Personal Data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your Personal Data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
7. Your Rights and Choices
New data protection laws have come into force across Europe that give you more rights and choices about how your data is used. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) strengthens your rights over how companies use your data. A summary of these rights is as follows:
- The right to insist that brands who hold your data are transparent about how they use your personal information, and fair in the way they process and use it.
- The right to access your personal information.
- The right to insist that companies correct any mistakes in the information they hold.
- The right to erase or delete your personal information in certain situations.
- The right to receive a copy of your personal data held by a company, in certain situations.
- The right to opt-out of direct marketing.
- The right to object to automated decision processes which significantly affect or disadvantage you, in certain circumstances.
- The right to object to continued processing of your personal information, in certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict the way that companies process your personal information, in certain circumstances.
For a full explanation of your data rights, go to:
UK - www.ico.org.uk
Republic of Ireland - www.dataprotection.ie
Your Choices with Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd.
Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd. gives you control of your personal data held by us and the way that Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd. uses your data. You can choose to update or amend your personal data at any time:
- Your booking includes your personal details (mentioned before), your preferences for the channels we use to communicate with you and your communications preferences (as stated below).
- You can update the details of your account, and your preferences, at any time. Simply contact email@example.com. You also have the ability to cancel your booking at any time.
8. Storage and Accuracy of Personal Information
Where we Store your Personal Information
The data that we collect from you is stored as securely as is reasonably possible. Consent forms have to be stored for 30 years so are kept in secure storage, the data on the consent form consists of your forename, surname, partners forename, babies due date and gender. The diary, which contains your forename, surname and contact number is kept with the email book (which contains all emails) in a secure office. Your personal information is entered onto our computer booking system (when you book) and access to the booking system is password protected and access is restricted to only those that need to know. We recommend, that if you leave a comment in our visitors book, that you don't leave personal information that would identify you.
We may store and process your personal data through third parties that we use to operate the service that we provide.
Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd. will take all steps reasonable necessary to ensure that personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by data protection legislation
By submitting your personal data, you agree to its transfer, storing and processing as it is described above. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
9. Retention and Deletion of Personal Information
We will retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws and your consent.
10. What to do if you have a concern or complaint about our use of your personal data
We strive to act in accordance with all relevant data protection legislation, at all times.
If you have a concern or complaint about our collection or processing of your personal information, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd.
You have the right to make a complaint to the data protection regulator in your country. You can find them at:
11. Updating your details
You must advise of us any changes in your data, for example, if you change your e-mail address or contact phone number. You can review or amend your data by contacting Sabiha Mitic at any time.
If you wish to cancel your booking, please contact Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd., Tel: 01233-502314 or email@example.com
12. Access to information (Subject Access Request)
You have the right to access the information we hold about you, and we will provide you with an initial copy free of charge.
However, we may charge a low amount as an administration charge in the event of access requests that are excessive or repetitive. For further information go to www.ico.com and search for 'Right of access'.
A "cookie" is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. It can then be used to provide you with tailored information. We may use the information to research and understand how customer habits are similar or different so that we can enhance your experience on our site. We do not match cookie data to any personal identification. For more information about cookies please click on the following link: www.allaboutcookies.org
If you do not wish to accept our Cookies you can decline Cookies and/or refuse access to previously stored information by using your web browser. The facilities within your web browser to allow you to do this will vary from browser to browser but they may be found in the "Privacy" or "Cookies" section of the "Properties" menu of your browser. If you require assistance in disabling Cookies you should refer to the "help" menu within your browser. Please note however, if cookies are disabled, you may not be able to use all of the interactive features of our website and it may limit the service we are able to provide to you via the website.
A "referrer" is the information passed along by a web browser that references the Web URL you linked from, and it is automatically gathered by our web server. This information is used by us to identify broad demographic trends that may be used to provide information tailored to your interests.
IP address data
IP addresses are automatically gathered by our web server. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer so that data (such as the web pages you request) can be sent to you. You will not be personally identified from this information. Your IP address may also be used to assist in the detection of fraud and we may pass this information to the Police. Environment variables we gather include time, type of web browser being used, the operating system/platform, and CPU speed. This information is used only for broad demographic information. This information is used by us in identifying broad demographic trends and may be used to provide information tailored to your interests.
14. Changes to our Privacy Notice
Any changes to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted to the site and, where appropriate, through e-mail notification within 30 days in advance.
15. Contact us
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to Sabiha Mitic at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to speak with our Privacy Officer Sabiha Mitic. Contact details are set out below.
- by telephone on: +44 (0)1233 502314;
- by email at: email@example.com
- by post at: Sabiha Mitic, Babyscanstudio Ashford Ltd., Unit 1, The Glenmore Centre, Moat Way, Ashford - Kent, TN24 0TL
Version number: 1.0 - April 2018